Senior Care Assistant
Senior Care Assistant Nights
The Green Care Home, Drump Rd, Redruth TR15 1LU
£12.27 per hour plus Pay enhancement on certain shifts
Full or part time hours available
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don’t we, so our ethos at Cornwall Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let’s have some fun while we’re at work, support each other and work hard as a team. There’s loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at The Green for all regardless of role.
The team at The Green is special and we’re looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Senior Care Assistant you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Pay enhancement on certain shifts
- Overtime enhancement (conditions apply)
- Free Meal (conditions apply)
- Shopping discounts with high street retailers and local suppliers
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Refer a friend bonus programme – earn up to £300 extra for simply recommending a friend.
- Financial and health wellbeing advice and support.
Where you’ll work
The Green is located in the centre of the mining town of Redruth, with local shops, cafés, restaurants and a cinema only a short walk away. The building is split into seven spacious living units, each one named after a local beach, each with a unique feel. We have our own vegetable plot where we grow fresh vegetables, and a greenhouse for those who wish to bring in seedlings.
Are you our next Senior Care Assistant? Here’s more about the role:
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will look after the day-to-day needs of our residents, whilst showing compassion, care and commitment to having a positive impact on their lives. You will work with a team of like-minded individuals, all with a desire to ensuring that our residents are comfortable in their home. You will also support Care Assistants in their development.
- First and foremost – we work together as a team to enrich our residents’ lives – let’s support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- We give the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Leisure and social activities are a really important part of the day – let’s get stuck in
- It’s very simple – if we can be the best Senior Care Assistant we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then we’re all doing a great job.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Experience in care is an essential requirement for role and a Diploma or NVQ3 in Health and Social Care
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member.
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don’t miss out, please apply early
- Pay Type Hourly
- Redruth, UK