The Green Care Home name, Drump Rd, Redruth TR15 1LU
£11.46 per hour
40 hours per week available
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don’t we, so our ethos at Cornwall Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let’s have some fun while we’re at work, support each other and work hard as a team.
There’s loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at The Green Care home all regardless of role.
The team at The Green Care home is special and we’re looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where you’ll work
The Green is located in the centre of the mining town of Redruth, with local shops, cafés, restaurants and a cinema only a short walk away. The building is split into seven spacious living units, each one named after a local beach, each with a unique feel. We have our own vegetable plot where we grow fresh vegetables, and a greenhouse for those who wish to bring in seedlings.
Are you our next Housekeeping Supervisor? Here’s more about the role:
- First and foremost – we work together as a team to enrich our residents’ lives – let’s support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- A Housekeeping Supervisor will lead and motivate a team of Housekeeping Assistants ensuring they keep to their cleaning schedules and maintain an attractive and clean environment throughout the home
- It’s really important that our residents live in a clean, safe and pleasant environment which feels as close to ‘home’ as possible. The way you look after the home and team plays a huge role in this.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Previous experience of providing housekeeping services is required, ideally in a dementia residential setting
- Experience is not essential, as we’ll support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
- Knowledge of infection control would be advantageous
- The successful candidate should also ideally be NVQ / QCF Level 2 qualified in Catering and in Housekeeping or be able to demonstrate knowledge and ability at an equivalent level.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Housekeeping Supervisor you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Overtime enhancement (conditions apply)
- Free Meal (conditions apply)
- Shopping discounts with high street retailers and local suppliers
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Refer a friend bonus programme – earn up to £300 extra for simply recommending a friend.
- Financial and health wellbeing advice and support.
- We hope you feel you could be our next team member.
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don’t miss out, please apply early.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Redruth, UK