Penberthy Care Home, 111 Mount Wise, Newquay TR7 2BT
£10.84 per hour
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don’t we, so our ethos at Cornwall Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let’s have some fun while we’re at work, support each other and work hard as a team. There’s loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Penberthy House for all regardless of role.
The team at Penberthy House is special and we’re looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where you’ll work
Penberthy sits on the top of a hill, a short walk away from the popular beaches of Newquay. It is lucky to boast of fabulous views across the sea, with many of our 34 rooms sharing these stunning scenes.
Are you our next Activities Coordinator? Here’s more about the role:
- First and foremost – we work together as a team to enrich our residents’ lives – let’s support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- Leisure and social activities are a really important part of the day – let’s get creative and stuck in
- This is an exciting opportunity to really get to know our residents and provide them with a variety of stimulating activities that not only promote physical but also mental and social wellbeing
- The opportunities are endless in terms of what activities you could introduce and we would be interested to hear your ideas
- It’s very simple – if we can be the best Activities Coordinator we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then we’re all doing a great job.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Activities Coordinator you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- £1 per hour enhancement on certain shifts
- Overtime enhancement (conditions apply)
- Free Meal (conditions apply)
- Shopping discounts with high street retailers and local suppliers
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Refer a friend bonus programme – earn up to £300 extra for simply recommending a friend.
- Financial and health wellbeing advice and support.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Newquay, UK